I tend to think that anyone who laughs at the idea of conspiracy is in the employ of conspirators or their thinking has dropped to the level of cult class thinking.
Cult class level thinking is when you can tell some one what to think and they’ll think it. They’ll defend what they’ve been told in the face of overwhelming facts if questioned. They will use all of their remaining intelligence to justify their belief.
Stroll through this list and wonder:
- Where the ideas likely came from?
- How many people did they convince to believe the ideas?
- Do you and I have such foolish ideas?
- How can we find ideas we have accepted and are likely to defend that aren’t sensible?
- Is there a way to defend ourselves from absorbing beliefs from crowds?
The question is not whether or not we ever get lied to by those we would like to trust, the question is what can we do to protect ourselves from the media madness of the moment?
P.S. – Scientists and others who pride themselves on their thinking can be among the worst; because, they don’t think they are capable of poor thinking.
That’s an article for another time.
35 things the media reported as FACTS that were later found to be total lies
(NaturalNews) Truth is the greatest enemy of the state, and the purpose of the state-run media is to broadcast a sufficient quantity of lies to suffocate the truth and thereby protect state interests.
As Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels once explained:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
Here are 35 huge lies the mainstream media repeatedly reported as “facts” that we now know to be total lies:
1) Brian Williams: “The helicopter I was riding in got hit with an RPG.”
2) President Obama: “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.”
3) Lance Armstrong: “I never doped.”
4) The CDC: “There’s no evidence linking vaccines to autism.”
5) The NSA: “We aren’t spying on the phone calls or emails of U.S. citizens.”
6) The U.S. Navy: “No sailors were harmed by Fukushima radiation.”
7) The mainstream media: “What Fukushima radiation?”
8) The American Diabetes Association: “Diabetes cannot be reversed; only managed with expensive medication.”
Read the Rest – Follow the Link
Plus You Will Be Provided with a List of Sources for Contrarian Points of View to Help You Sift Through Propaganda & Advertising Hype
35 Media Lies? Propaganda? Or Just Stupid?
Flickr: Ged Carroll-Lies https://flic.kr/p/abUoxf